- Born in April of
1832 in Columbia, South Carolina
- Graduate of the South Carolina Military Academy at Charleston, South Carolina
as a Civil Engineer in Columbia, South Carolina, in 1860
- Elected as a Lieutenant in Company B of the 1st South Carolina
Volunteer Artillery Battalion in January of 1861
- Promoted to Captain on January 1st, 1862
- Wounded in Action on August
20th, 1863, at Battery Wagner, South Carolina
- Appointed as Colonel of the 22nd South Carolina Volunteer Infantry Regiment
on June 2nd, 1864
- Killed in Action at the Crater, Petersburg, Virginia, in July of 1864; his remains were never recovered.
A Memorial Marker for him is located in Oakwood Cemetery in Spartanburg, South Carolina.